The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1997. The department offers four year B.Tech course in Mechanical engineering and two year M.Tech course in CAD. The department has the state of the art infrastructure facilities and well qualified and experienced faculty. The department has undertaken research projects funded by AICTE, DST (Puducherry) and MNRE, New Delhi. The department organizes training programmes, workshop, seminar, guest lecture, industrial visit and inplant training for students. Students take up competitive exams like GATE, GRE, CAT and civil services exam.
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- The graduates would acquire the knowledge and skills to meet the requirements of the academia and industry.
- The graduates would have the expertise to solve problems in the field of mechanical engineering and allied areas.
- The graduates would be able to visualize and design of mechanical components, systems and processes to suit to the needs of the industry.
- The graduates would be motivated to pursue higher studies in specialized fields in India and abroad.
- The graduates would be equipped with the technical knowledge and managerial skills to become entrepreneurs.
Learning and Assessment Methods
- Formal lectures
- Class room activities
- Laboratory work
- Workshop practice
- Work-based learning
- Industrial visits
- 1) Fitting Shop
- 2) Welding Shop
- 3) Carpentry Shop
- 4) Material Testing Lab
- 5) Metallurgy Lab
- 6) Fluid Mechanics Lab
- 7) Measurements and Metrology Lab
- 8) Dynamics of Machines Lab
- 9) Manufacturing Processes Lab
- 10) CAM Lab
- 11) CAD Lab
- 12) Thermal Engineering Lab
- 13) Foundry Lab